Thursday, April 21, 2011

An unlikely cure


In the 1920s through the middle of the century, deliberate innoculation with the malaria parasite was used as a treatment for late stage syphilus infections. The characteristic high and prolonged fevers caused by malaria are thought to inhibit and kill the causative bacteria of syphilus. The risk of death via malaria was thought to be less than the threat posed by advanced syphilus, especially with the availability of quinine, a potent anti-malarial medicine.

From the Wikipedia article: "This discovery was championed by Julius Wagner-Jauregg, who won the 1927 Nobel Prize for Medicine for his discovery of the therapeutic value of malaria inoculation in the treatment of neurosyphilis. These treatments were finally rendered obsolete by the discovery of penicillin, and its widespreadmanufacture after World War II allowed syphilis to be effectively and reliably cured."

Source: Wikipedia
Photo source: Wikipedia

1 comment:

  1. Herpes Cure Testimony
    I was diagnose with Genital Herpes for the past 2 years and I have been searching for cure. I have several outbreaks on my back and it really affected me morally, I read a testimony on this platform of a lady from Nevada who was cured from Diabetes with doctor Voke Herbal medicine including the doctor official email address. I contacted the doctor through his email, after much discussion and few questions he prepared the Herbal medicine and asked for my address which I received the Herbal medicine 3 days later and with his prescription I drank the Herbal medicine for 21 days. After concluding the herbal medicine I went for test and my IgG result was confirmed Negative with no trace of the virus on my blood. Contact doctor Voke and be cured his email; (doctorvoke@yahoo.com)
    He has Herbal cure for Diabetes, Hepatitis, Heart diseases.
    Hypertension, Alzheimer's disease, cancer, Strokes and Liver disease. connect with him on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/Drvoke/

    ReplyDelete